Give those traditional meat-packed Italian meatballs a twist which makes them both healthier and some would say even more tasty. Bringing together a range of different nutritious ingredients these meatballs go perfectly with a small portion of whole wheat pasta or your favourite tomato sauce, or both.
- Two tins of Tuna Chunks (or Fresh Tuna pre-cooked)
- 1 chopped onion
- 100g of wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Drain your tuna (if tinned) and add it to a bowl with the onion, breadcrumbs, oregano, egg and salt and pepper seasoning.
- Mix together all the ingredients until they are completely combined.
- Mould the mixture into approximately 12 individual meatballs, each measures around the size of a walnut.
- If enjoying the meatballs with pasta pop it into a pan of water.
- Add your oil to your frying pan, allow it to heat up and then gently shallow fry your meatballs, turning them until all sides are golden.
- Serve your meatballs with rocket to garnish and top with your preferred (homemade) tomato sauce. Alternatively plate up your pasta and then top with your meatballs and sauce.