Here’s a light, gluten-free protein-packed recipe to set your taste buds alight with minimal effort. A great one for the summer, this works well either as a starter or a main. Simply prepare ahead of time so the cooking is a breeze.
· 1.5 pounds skinless, lean, boneless chicken breasts.
· 8 fl oz plain low-fat yogurt
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2-1 teaspoon chilli powder
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 12 metal or wooden skewers
For the dip:
- 5 large tbsps honey mustard
- 10 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- You can make the dip really simply in advance to save time as it can be made up to two days ahead. Simply mix the honey mustard and the cream together in a bowl and cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Once you’ve set aside the dip, whisk together all of the other ingredients, excluding the chicken in a small bowl and put to one side.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into four thin strips. You should end up with about 12 chicken strips. Place all the strips into a zip-lock plastic bag and tip the marinade mixture over the chicken. Close the bag and coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a colander to drain off any of the excess marinade. Skewer each strip of chicken.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to a medium heat and cook for a couple of minutes each side, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers, if desired and simply serve while hot with the dipping sauce.