IIf you’re on a high protein diet you may be avoiding sugars or refined, processed foods. You can still enjoy some delicious desserts and sweet snacks though.
Here are two quick,easy recipes to satisfy a sweet tooth without the nasties.
Double Chocolate Protein Cookies
- 400g can of chickpeas – fully drained, rinsed and skins’ peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 50g of your chosen protein powder (chocolate flavoured)
- 30g of chocolate chips/chunks (there are sugar-free/low-sugar versions on the market such as those sold at Lily’s Sweets)
- Add the chickpeas to a blender and mix them into a smooth paste
- Add in the water and protein powder and blend again, with the added protein powder creating a firmer dough.
- With a spoon fold in the chocolate chunks or chips and then form into small balls around 1inch in diameter
- Back in the over at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes, checking they are cooked all the way through
Protein Packed Peanut Butter Cups
- 112g virgin coconut oil, fully softened
- 47g protein powder (chocolate flavoured or plain)
- 128g smooth peanut butter (no added sugar versions available)
- 42g of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 12 drops of liquid Stevia or a sweetener alternative (can be skipped)
- Line a cake tin with cupcake cases and put to one side
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix together until smooth
- Add around one tablespoon of mixture into each of the cupcake cases
- Place your cake tin in the fridge for around 60 minutes or until they are fully firm