For a quick, easy and seasonal meal these simple stuffed peppers have a Greek feel and are packed with wonderful fresh ingredients that are perfect for early spring.
They should take just 15 minutes to prepare and are popped in the oven for 25 minutes and then they’re ready.
- 4 peppers (any colour)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200g crumbled feta cheese
- 50g pitted black olives
- 200g halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Set your oven to 200°c or Gas Mark 6.
- Slice your peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds and membrane. Brush your peppers with a little olive oil and place them on your baking tray.
- Add the crumbled feta, tomatoes, olives, onion, lemon zest, garlic and around half of the basil to a bowl and combine evenly together.
- Fill each pepper with your mixture and then drizzle them with the remaining oil.
- Pop the baking tray in the oven for 25 minutes or until the peppers have softened and are tender.
- Garnish with the remaining basil and enjoy as a light lunch or dinner. Add some brown rice for a larger meal.