To build lean muscle, you need to do two things: visit the gym regularly, and complement those strength-training workouts with protein-rich foods.
This delicious protein-packed frittata will help your body build some serious muscle mass. It’s full of fresh summer ingredients, quick to make and easy to tweak with your own favourite ingredients.
Not sure how much protein you need each day? Check out our beginners guide to protein.
Eggs contain around 6 of protein each, while feta has 14g of protein per 100g. Which totals a bicep-bulging 36g of protein in this one dish! That’s one mean, protein machine of a meal!
- 6 free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g new potatoes, halved if large
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- Splash of milk
- Handful of fresh herbs such as mint, parsley, oregano or dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 courgette, grated
- 120g peas, cooked or defrosted
- 100g feta cheese
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain. When cooled, slice thickly.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, mustard, herbs and season well. Fold in the cream cheese, leaving some little lumps.
- Heat the oil in a 20cm frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the courgette and continue to fry for 2 minutes. Add the peas and stir.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan along with the crumbled feta. Cooked on a low-medium heat for around 8-10 minutes until the egg is almost set.
- Put the pan under a hot grill for 3-5 minutes until the top is puffed up and golden. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then turn out onto a plate, slice into wedges and serve with salad or greens (perhaps super-charged with a healthy dressing).