Breakfast is one of those meals that can seem like more effort than it’s worth but it really does set you up for the day. If you’ve chosen to live a paleo lifestyle it can be hard finding those meals which are satisfying and don’t take ages to put together.
Here are three easy paleo breakfast choices which might help make breakfast time more interesting.
1. Banana-Nut Pancakes
These paleo pancakes use just three ingredients and could not be easier to make.
2 x Bananas
4 x Eggs
2 x Tablespoons of your preferred crunchy nut butter (almond works well)
Dark Chocolate Chips (take out if you wish)
- Mash bananas together in a mixing bowl
- Add your nut butter to the bananas and combine together
- Blend in the eggs
- Heat up your griddle or flat pan and add a portion of your pancake mix
- Once bubbles appear on the surface flip your pancake and cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- Top your pancakes with dark chocolate chips if you wish or serve with your favourite fresh fruit
2. Courgette and Sweet Potato Frittata
If you prefer a savoury breakfast give this one a go.
- 2 x tablespoons coconut oil (or your chosen cooking oil)
- 8 x eggs
- 1 x sweet potato cut into thin slices
- 2 x courgettes cut into thin slices
- 1 x red pepper cut into thin slices
- Parsley to serve
- Add your oil to a pan and then add in the sweet potato slices, cook for approximately 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add in your pepper and courgette and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Whisk up your eggs as the vegetables are cooking until they are light and aerated, season your eggs
- Add the egg mixture to the cooking vegetables and cook for approximately 10 minutes
- Pop the frittata under the grill to finish
- Serve with parsley
3. Carrot and Bacon Hash
If you like to enjoy meat with your breakfast and have that extra protein kick then this choice is for you.
- 1-2 x tablespoons of your chosen cooking oil
- 1 x onion, chopped finely
- 4 x rashers of streaky bacon, chopped finely
- 1 x large carrot, grated
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 x eggs (optional)
- Spinach (optional)
- Fry your onion and bacon in the cooking oil for five minutes
- Add in the grated carrot and season with black pepper
- Fry the whole mixture together for 10 minutes until the bacon is fully crispy
- If serving with eggs poach them for 3-4 minutes, dependent on your preference
- Serve your eggs and hash alongside raw or wilted spinach