.It’s great to find a nice sweet treat that’s suitable for vegans, and we love this chewy, gooey yummy, brownie recipe
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
170g coconut sugar, unrefined
85g grapeseed oil
3 tbsp cold water
½ tsp sea salt
115g unsweetened baking chocolate
35g cocoa powder
135g wholemeal flour
- Combine the chia seeds, 235ml of water and vanilla and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line the bottom of a nonstick baking pan with baking parchment.
- Add the sugar and oil to a large saucepan. Add the 3 tablespoons of water and the salt and stir to mix evenly.
- Over a medium heat cook through until the mixture is at a rolling boiling, stirring carefully throughout. Keep the mixture boiling for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chocolate and cocoa until melted. The add the chia seed gel mixture until evenly mixed.
- Stir in the flour and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread to create a thin even layer.
- Bake until springy to the touch, for about 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars, and serve. Or store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.