Want to maximize your bodybuilding potential? Staying motivated is your number one priority.
Motivation comes naturally to some people. But most of us feel uninspired and deflated from time to time. Here are a few tips and quotes to get you feeling pumped up and ready to face the world head on.
Why is motivation so important for bodybuilders?
Bodybuilding requires 100% of your focus. If any part of you is lacking you will not achieve your best.
It requires rigorous training schedules, strict diets and mental determination to reach your goals. WIll power is tested daily by temptations of junk food and less demanding activities.
Using quotations can help to motivate you. They can get you through a bad week, inspire you to overcome setbacks and negativity, and refocus you on your goals.
How should I use motivational quotes?
- Leave handwritten quotes around the house or office on scraps of paper or post it notes. You can also leave them in books, plaster them all over your computer screen, and download motivational desktop wallpapers.
- Buy ready-made posters or fridge magnets with quotes on.
- Get inspiring quotations sent direct to your smartphone. There are free versions for Apple and Android. Lots of people share their quotes on Facebook or Twitter too.
Ready to be motivated? Here are our favourite quotes:
1. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to conquer. - Arnold Schwarzenegger, 7-time Mr Olympia
2. Don’t be scared to LIFT HEAVY! You won’t get huge and bulky, you’ll just get amazing. - Jessie Hilgenberg IFBB Figure Pro
3. Forget failure. Forget Mistakes. Forget Everything, except what you’re going to do now. And do it. - Lou Ferrigno, 2-time Mr Universe
4. Winners do what they fear. - Franco Columbu, 2-time Mr Olympia.
5. Victory isn’t defined by wins and losses, it’s defined by effort. - Kai Greene, IFBB Professional Bodybuilder.
6. If you have discipline, drive, determination, nothing is impossible. - Dana Linn Bailey, First Ever Women’s Physique Olympia Champion.
7. If you want something you’ve never had before, you have to be willing to do something you’ve never done before. - Phil Heath, 4-time Mr Olympia.
8. The real workout starts when you want to stop. - Ronnie Coleman, 8-time Mr Olympia.
9. Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of yours. - Flex Lewis, 3-time Olympia 212 Champion.
10. Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied. - Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, 10-time WWF/E Champion.