Kickboxing is a form of martial art that combines elements of karate with – yes, you guessed it, boxing!
Ideal for men and women as a high energy workout, it’s performed without shoes (far safer!) and using pads and punch bags.
A high intensity cardio workout, kickboxing will raise your heart rate, and as a strength exercise you’ll find you tone your upper and lower body as you punch and kick.
Benefits of kickboxing include
- Increased Flexibility: It may take a while, but gradually you’ll be able to kick higher and higher. Great for joint flexibility you’ll be able to kick above your head in no time!
- Boosted Circulation: Any cardio exercise gets your heart rate going, and kickboxing is no different. The fast movements and changes in direction will increase your circulation.
- De-stress: There’s nothing quite like taking the day’s frustrations out on a punch bag! Hitting something very hard is a sure fire way to release any pent up anxiety and stress, meaning when you go home your aggressive mindset will be back to calm and collected!
- Combining strength and cardio: A kickboxing class is a great all-rounder, meaning the whole body gets conditioned. One exercise for all areas.
- Self defence: As well as boosting confidence, kickboxing is great for anyone who wants to feel confident in self defence.
- Fat burning: You’ll burn plenty of calories in a kickboxing session, as your heart rate rises and you use up your energy supplies.
- Better Balance: If you ever struggled to stand on one leg, kickboxing will soon sort that out. With practice you’ll soon be able to leap gracefully from one leg to the other.
- Inclusive: Kickboxing can be for everyone, it’s non-contact, so no one gets hurt, and everyone can enjoy punching the bags and getting fit!