LOOKING FOR A QUICK AND EFFECTIVE WORKOUT? FOCUS ON WORKING YOUR GLUTES AND CORE AND YOU CAN GET A POWERFUL ROUTINE DONE IN JUST 10 MINUTES.
While there are many ways of toning your tush, these are moves that never fail to deliver fast results.
Aim to perform each move for around 60 seconds with a brief rest between moves. Start with performing the workout twice a week, then increase it to three or more.
The good news is that each move also targets your core, so you get two workouts rolled into one! Compound moves also give the benefit of a shorter workout. So grab yourself a mat, a timer, and get ready to burn.
- HIP CIRCLES. These will warm up your hip flexors ready to take on the tougher moves. First, get onto all fours. Keeping the right knee at a roughly 90 degree angle, lift and bring the knee towards your right elbow, then outwards, and back towards your behind as if painting a huge circle in the air with your knee. Reverse the movement halfway through. Repeat on the other side after 30 seconds.
- DONKEY KICK. Bring the right knee towards the chest, then extend straight backwards and lift as high as you can. Keep the movement fluid and keep going for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
- DONKEY KICK PULSE. Perform another donkey kick but when you are at the top of the movement keep the leg as high as you can, and pulse the leg up and down 10 times. Repeat on the other side. This is intense. Try a relaxing wiggle after.
- SIDE KICK. Remaining on all fours, lift the right knee out to the side. Kick the right foot out then back in towards your butt. Keep your knee at 90 degrees to your behind at all times. Continue kicking for 30 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
- SIDE KICK PULSE. Perform a side kick then hold the straight-legged position out to the side for 10 seconds. If you have enough strength left proceed to pulse up and down 10 times. Tough but oh so effective.
- FIRE HYDRANT. Keep the right knee bent at 90 degrees then raise it out to the side and back down again. Continue this up and down movement for 30 seconds. Keep the arms straight and try not to lean over. Repeat on the other side.
- FIRE HYDRANT PULSE. Perform a fire hydrant then hold the position at the top of the lift for 10 seconds. Then pulse 10 times. Your butt will be on fire now!
- QUICK BICYCLE KICK. Time for a change of position and some quick ab work. Lie on your back with hands behind your head. Touch your right elbow to your left knee, stretching out the right leg. Then bring your left elbow to your right knee, stretching out your left leg. Keep alternating for 60 seconds at a swift pace.
- SLOW BICYCLE KICK. Repeat the same movement as above but this time keep it slow and controlled. This is much tougher. Exhale as you reach your elbow to your knee to help keep momentum going.
Finally – don’t forget to cool down and stretch out those muscles. Lie on your back and lift the knees towards your chest. Hold and relax. Drop them to either side, relaxing into the stretches. Enjoy the feeling – you’ve done it!